It has been widely noted that people do not hesitate to spend money on all aspects of wellbeing, from gym memberships to hair appointments. However, we can be reluctant when we need to invest in our oral health and maintenance of gums and teeth.
In this article your Duncraig Dental Care team will give you some tips and reminders on how to ensure you are taking care of your oral health, which is vital to your dental and overall health and general wellbeing.
What to do?
You can easily take care of your teeth with regular brushing twice a day.
Three basic, things are required for this task:
- dental floss
Tips for healthy teeth
- Buy a good quality toothbrush. Make sure that the bristles of the brush are soft and comfortable while brushing your teeth. Bristles that are too hard could cause damage to the sensitive gums.
- Change your toothbrush every three to four months. Your toothbrush can be a breeding ground for harmful bacteria so it is recommended that you replace it regularly.
- Always keep your brush in a place which free from dust and other harmful materials.
- Choose a good toothpaste with added fluoride.
- Use dental floss regularly. Used alongside regular brushing, good quality toothpaste and toothbrush, dental floss will provide extra benefit in maintaining healthy teeth and gums. If you do not floss, you are missing 35% of your tooth’s surface!
- If feasible, use an electronic toothbrush with a changeable head. Electric toothbrushes are very effective for removing bacteria from the gumline.
Finally, book regular 6-monthly check ups with your Duncraig Dental Care team to ensure your oral hygiene is maintained and to check for any issues that may be developing.